Korean Church of Brussels
Korean Church of Brussels (KCB) was established on Dec. 17 of 1979 as a protestant church.
God has blessed our church so faithfully and abundantly. We are a true Bible believing church (Bible as inspired Word of God) and profess Christ as the head of our church.
At present we have about 200 members, among whom about 100-150 adult members attend every Sunday worship service and about 50 children and youth group at Sunday school and Youth group Bible study .
Except Koreans , there are about 10 Belgian (two of them are elder and one is deacon) and other people from various countries. For those who do not understand Korean language, we have a simultaneous translation in English/Dutch/French(if necessary).
Worship services and other meetings
Our church is situated at Museumlaan 2, 1970 Wezembeek-Oppem (www.koreanchurch.be).
Adult service and Sunday school are every Sunday at 11:00, starting with intercessory prayer. After the service, there is a fellowship with coffee, tea and snacks.
Early Morning Prayer meeting, which is a tradition of Korean church, is held from Monday to Saturday at 6:00.
Every Wednesday evening service is held at 20:00.
We have discipleship and ministry training to equip the lay people to be the leaders of the church.
In addition, we have monthly gatherings of small groups called “house church.” There are 15 house churches. At this group meeting, we have Bible study and fellowship.
At this moment we have no full time pastor()
The vision of our church is that of “rainbow community church“. Even though we are mainly Koreans, we try to open our door to everyone simply because God’s Kingdom is colorful, like a rainbow. We have intensive study of the Word of God (66 books) and apply it to our daily life, mission work both inside and outside Belgium, almsgiving and education/ training of our 2nd generation and lay people.
1) Missions: Each house church supports one missionary who tries to reach out all kinds of people with the gospel. Once a year, we hold a ‘new life festival’ in which we invite non-Christians and preach the gospel to them.
2) Education: Except worship services, Sunday school and discipleship/ministry training, we have other training program or seminar which are useful for all congregations.
3) Social Tasks: We support Korean school which gathers every Saturday morning in Zaventem, Korean adoptee in Belgium and Belgian veterans at Korean War.
4) Ecumenical Tasks: We have a KCB - EBC (East Brussels Church of God, an American church which rents our church building) joint worship service once every year. We are also a ffiliated in VPKB . We would like to work together with VPKB member churches.
5) Cultural Tasks: As a Korean church in Belgium we would like to transmit our Korean culture through diverse occasions:
On a new year and 15 th of August with lunar calendar, we play some traditional Korean games after the worship service.
Once a year we have mission bazaar with many products and Korean food in May . At this occasion, we invite various people and other guests.